Immigrate to Canada
Attention Filipinos in Canada, the Federal and Provincial immigration programs of Canada are constantly evolving. Let Mercan assist and guide you which among these immigration programs will best meet your needs
USA Immigration FAQS
Canada Visa Programs
|Federal Skilled Worker|
|Quebec Skilled Worker|
|Provincial Nominee Program|
|Canada Experience Class|
Mercan Group of Companies
EB-1, Priority Workers
In order to apply for permanent residency as a Priority Worker, applicant must be one of the following:
Multinational executive and managers
Executives and managers of foreign companies who are transferred to the US are eligible to apply. Applicant must be employed for at least 1 year for the past 3 years by a company that is an affiliate or subsidiary of a company in the US.
Petitioner must be a US employer, active in the industry for at least 1 year and is an affiliate or subsidiary of the firm that employed the foreign national abroad.
Labor certification is not a requirement but the prospective employer must provide a job offer and file a petition with the USCIS.
Outstanding Professors and Researchers
Outstanding professors and researchers who are recognized internationally are eligible to apply. Applicant must have 3 years experience in teaching or research and enter the US in an equivalent position at a university or institution of higher education. If the employer is a private company, the firm must employ at least 3 persons full time in research activities and must have documented accomplishments in academics.
Applicant must have at least 2 of the following standards/requirements:
1. Receipt of major prizes or awards for outstanding achievement
2. Membership in associations that require members to demonstrate outstanding achievements
3. Published material in professional publications written by others about the applicant’s work in the academic field
4. Participation as a judge of the work of others in the same or allied field
5. Original scientific or scholarly research contributions in the field
6. Authorship of scholarly books (with international circulation) in the field
Those who have Extraordinary Ability in the Sciences, Arts, Education, Business or Athletics
To be eligible to apply for EB-1 for extraordinary ability, applicant must be a recipient of a major internationally recognized award; else, applicant must have at least 3 of the following standards/requirements:
1. Documentation of receipt of a lesser nationally/internationally recognized award for excellence in the applicant’s field
2. Membership in associations in the applicant’s field that demand outstanding achievement of its members
3. Published material about the applicant, in trade publications or media
4. Evidence that the applicant has performed services as a judge of the work of others in his field
5. Evidence of applicant’s original contributions of major significance in his field
6. Evidence of authorship of scholarly articles
7. Evidence of the display of the applicant’s work at exhibitions or showcases
8. Evidence of the applicant’s performance in a critical role for organizations with a distinguished reputation
9. Evidence that the applicant has commanded high remuneration in relation to others in his field
10. Evidence of the applicant’s commercial success if the performing arts
Satisfying 3 out of 10 criteria does not guarantee an EB1 Visa. USCIS looks for quality and quantity as well; comprehensive documentation of your qualifications is very important.
World's Top Web Hosting providers awarded and reviewed. Find a reliable green hosting service, read greengeeks review