Attention Filipinos in Canada, the Federal and Provincial immigration programs of Canada are constantly evolving. Let Mercan assist and guide you which among these immigration programs will best meet your needs
|Federal Skilled Worker|
|Quebec Skilled Worker|
|Provincial Nominee Program|
|Canada Experience Class|
Quebec Skilled Worker
Quebec-selected skilled workers must have the skills, education, work experience and French language ability needed to make an immediate economic contribution to the province of Quebec and establish themselves successfully as permanent residents in Canada. If you want to come to Canada as a Quebec-selected skilled worker, you must first apply to the Quebec government for a certificate of selection (Certificat de selection du Quebec).
To be selected as an immigrant worker, you must:
• Hold at least one diploma that corresponds, in the Québec education system, to a Secondary School Diploma or a Diploma of Vocational Studies
• Have acquired training and occupational skills that will facilitate your insertion into the job market
• Have adequate knowledge of French. If in doubt, we strongly recommend that you check your level of French with a recognized organization. Knowledge of English is also an asset not to be overlooked.
Check to see if you are eligible for the Immigration Program for skilled workers. The following employability factors will also be taken into account: your schooling and area of training, your work experience, your age, your knowledge of French and English, your stays in Québec and family relationship with a Canadian citizen or a permanent Québec resident, characteristics regarding your accompanying spouse or common-law spouse, and your capacity for financial self-sufficiency.
Other factors that will be taken into account when your application is assessed are:
• Having a valid employment offer (you must have received a job offer that meets certain conditions from a Québec employer.)
• The number of children under the age of 22 who will be accompanying you to Québec
• Your adaptability (preparation of your immigration project) which will be assessed based on the steps that you have undertaken to facilitate your socioeconomic integration and your personal qualities with regard to your work activities.
After you have been selected by Quebec, you will have to pass a medical examination and security and criminal checks. You must also show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada.