FEDERAL SKILLED TRADES PROGRAM
The Federal Skilled Trade Program (FSTP) is a skilled worker program whereby candidates may apply for Permanent Residency through Express Entry. Candidates must be recognized and qualified under a skilled trade along with the following requirements:
- Plan to live outside of Quebec;
- Meet the minimum language requirements (CLB 5 speaking and listening, CLB 4 for reading and writing);
- Have at least 2 years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time experience) in a skilled trade within the last 5 years before you apply;
- Meet the job requirements for that skilled trade as set out in the National Occupational Classification (NOC), except for needing a certificate of qualification, and
- Have an offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least one year OR a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a Canadian provincial or territorial authority.
- Major Group 72, industrial, electrical and construction trades,
- Major Group 73, maintenance and equipment operation trades,
- Major Group 82, supervisors and technical jobs in natural resources, agriculture and related production,
- Major Group 92, processing, manufacturing and utilities supervisors and central control operators,
- Minor Group 632, chefs and cooks, and
- Minor Group 633, butchers and bakers.
To find out if you qualify and for a free assessment by our trained professionals, click here.