Becoming a permanent resident of Canada allows you to live in Canada for an unlimited time duration. In addition, as a permanent resident, you have the privilege to:
- Receive the same social benefits of Canadian citizens
- Live, work or study anywhere in Canada
- Apply for Canadian citizenship
- Receive protection under Canadian law
- Sponsor your parents or grandparents
Social Benefits of Canadian permanent residents include:
- Free access to healthcare
- Free education up to 12th grade
- Family tax cuts
- Monthly child benefits for every child in Canada
- Child care expense deduction
- Child fitness tax credit
To learn more about becoming a Canadian permanent resident and the different immigration programs, click here.
You can also take a free assessment to find out if you are eligible to apply for any of Canada`s immigration programs.