PARENTS AND GRANDPARENTS SPONSORSHIP
For the past 25 years, Mercan has assisted families in bringing their parents and grandparents of different cultural backgrounds to Canada. They and their children have now grown to be successful on their own. On January 3, 2017, Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada will accept 10,000 sponsorship applications.
The internet has made communication easy for families separated by countries and borders. But, no technology can replace the value of a parent or grandparent’s physical presence. They are crucial to the development of our children’s good values and personalities. They impart admirable characteristics and cultural traditions that positively influence our children’s individuality.
To sponsor, you must…
- be 18 years of age or older;
- be a Canadian citizen, Registered Indian or permanent resident;
- be sponsoring a member of the family Class;
- live in Canada;
- sign an undertaking promising to provide for the basic requirements of the person being sponsored;
- sign an agreement with the person you are sponsoring that confirms that each of you understands your mutual obligations and responsibilities;
- prove that you have sufficient income to provide the basic requirements for your family members in Canada as well as the persons included in your sponsorship undertaking. You may also have a co-signer.