Post-graduation work permit
After graduation, students may obtain a post-graduation work permit for up to a maximum of three years.
To qualify, you must
- Have continuously studied full time in Canada and you must have completed a program of study that lasted at least eight months.
- Graduated from a recognized educational institutions in Canada
- Must apply for a work permit within 90 days of receiving written confirmation (for example, a transcript or an official letter) from your institution indicating that you have met the requirements for completing your academic program.
- You must have completed and passed the program of study and received a notification that you are eligible to obtain your degree, diploma or certificate.
- You must have a valid study permit when you apply for the work permit.