Work off campus
Study permit holders may work off campus for up to 20 hours a week during regular academic session and full-time during regular scheduled breaks. To qualify, you must
- Have a valid study permit,
- Be a full-time student
- Be enrolled at a designated learning institution at the post-secondary level or, in Quebec, a vocational program at the secondary level, and
- Be studying in an academic, vocational or professional training program that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate that is at least six months in duration.
A study permit holder’s spouse or common-law may also apply for a work permit with validity of the same period of time as the study permit. Children can also apply to obtain a study permit with the same length.
- Do not begin to work off campus until you have started your studies.
- You must stop working on the day you no longer meet the above eligibility requirements.