[wwp_vc_breadcrumbs_dynamic show_home=”1″ show_parent=”1″ show_child=”1″ theme=”0″]

Study permit holders may work off campus for up to 20 hours a week during regular academic session and full-time during regular scheduled breaks. To qualify, you must

  1. Have a valid study permit,
  2. Be a full-time student
  3. Be enrolled at a designated learning institution at the post-secondary level or, in Quebec, a vocational program at the secondary level, and
  4. Be studying in an academic, vocational or professional training program that leads to a degree, diploma or certificate that is at least six months in duration.

A study permit holder’s spouse or common-law may also apply for a work permit with validity of the same period of time as the study permit. Children can also apply to obtain a study permit with the same length.

Must Know

  • Do not begin to work off campus until you have started your studies.
  • You must stop working on the day you no longer meet the above eligibility requirements.
[call_to_action title=”Click for FREE online assessment now ” button_title=”Click here” link=”http://forms.mercan.com/study-canada-free-assessment/”][/call_to_action]