SPOUSE AND DEPENDENT CHILDREN SPONSORSHIP
Reuniting families is Canada’s top immigration priority. Mercan delivers expert service to reunite you with your family and children. Our experience of processing family applications for the past 25 years will help make the process easy and efficient for you.
You can sponsor a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent children if you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada. You can apply as a sponsor if your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or accompanying dependent children live with you in Canada. You can also apply as a sponsor if your spouse, common-law or conjugal partner or dependent children live outside Canada. There is no income requirement to sponsor your spouse and dependent children.
To sponsor, you must…
- be 18 years of age or older,
- be a Canadian citizen, Registered Indian or permanent resident,
- be sponsoring a member of the family Class,
- live in Canada or provide evidence, if you are a Canadian citizen living outside of Canada, that you will live in Canada once the person you are sponsoring becomes a permanent resident.
- sign an agreement with your spouse or common-law partner confirming that each of you understands your obligations and responsibilities,
- sign an undertaking promising to provide for your spouse or common-law partner’s basic requirements and, if applicable, those of his or her dependent children,
- prove that you have sufficient income to provide basic requirements for your spouse or common-law partner’s dependent children. To do this, you must provide documents showing your financial resources for the past 12 months. This requirement applies only when dependent children who have dependent children of their own are included on the application.