The Portugal Golden Visa Program is a five-year residence-by-investment program for non-EU citizens. The program permits investors to study, work, and live in Portugal and have visa-free access to other EU countries.
After five years, investors can apply for citizenship and live, work, and study anywhere in the European Union.
Since its official launch in 2012, the Portugal Golden Visa has helped a great number of families to relocate to Portugal and start their new lives.
The program has become the fastest-growing and most popular investment immigration program in Europe.
The Golden Visa grants investors and their families the right to study, live, work in Portugal, and enjoy visa-free access to 26 European Union countries. They can also apply to become permanent residents or citizens after five years (not necessarily full-time) stay.
1. Capital transfer with a value equal to or above 350 thousand Euros for investing in research activities.
2. Capital transfer with a value equal to or above 250 thousand Euros for investing in artistic output or supporting the arts, for reconstruction or refurbishment of the national heritage.
3. Capital transfer with a value equal to or above 350 thousand Euros for purchasing shares in investment funds or in venture capital.
1. EURO 350,000 minimum real estate purchase for refurbishing properties that can date back over 30 years or are in urban generation areas.
2. EURO 500,000 minimum real estate purchase for properties in interior areas.
3. Remark: investment amount may be reduced by 20% if it is in sparsely populated areas (less than 100 inhabitants per sq.km., or where the GDP per head is below 75% of the national average.)
Create a minimum of ten new job positions
- Holding period of real estate: mimimum of five years
- Minimum real estate investment: EUR 280,000
- Ownership: shared ownership
Portugal Golden Visa is an exclusive real estate investment program that enables high-net-worth individuals to attain permanent residency and, eventually, citizenship in their country of choice. It is among one of the best Investor Immigration Programs currently available in the world. It has very few requirements and lots of benefits.
With its mild climate, 3000 hours of sunshine per year, and 850 km of splendid beaches bathed by the Atlantic Ocean, Portugal is the perfect holiday destination all year round. Porto, the second biggest city in the country, was elected The Best European Destination in 2014, 2016, and 2017.
Porto’s primary source of revenue comes from Tourism and Exportation. Porto is among the top 5 cities that welcome tourists in the EU with an occupancy rate of over 70%. Hence, the real estate business and the hotel industry are one of the most profitable investment opportunities currently available in Portugal, especially in Porto.
In 2018, 482.7 million Euros were generated by the Tourism and Hospitality industry in the areas of Porto and North Portugal.
- Principal applicant (P/A)
- The spouse
- Minors or unmarried children who are financially dependent on the P/A.
- Parent(s) of the PA.
- Minor siblings. Provided they are under the guardianship of the P/A.