After applying for Portuguese citizenship/EU citizenship, there are even more advantages:
- Powerful passport;
- Visa-free access to 170+ countries;
- Free movement inside the EU;
- Live, study & work anywhere in the EU;
- The best Health Care system;
- Highest food safety in the world;
- Free education in most countries;
- Right to vote and be a candidate for the EU parliament and local elections.
There are several advantages to being a Golden Visa holder. Such as:
- Only an average of eight months to get the European Union (EU) residence permits;
- Be granted Portugal and EU benefits;
- Visa-free travel to the 26 countries of Schengen area;
- After the 5th year, the investor can easily apply for Portugal/ EU citizenship or Permanent residency
- No worldwide income taxes;
- Quick processing and easy renewal;
- Buy-back option after the 5th year of the investment
From the food to the weather, Portugal is internationally well-known for its high quality of life. It has around 2,500 to 3,200 hours of sunshine a year and a pleasant climate all year long.
The safety of the cities also contributes to Portugal’s high quality of life. Portugal is among the top safest countries in the world. Its most prominent cities, Lisbon and Porto, offer entertainment options for all ages that will please your entire family.
Investing in Portugal can grant the investors and their families a unique benefit: the Golden Visa. The Portugal Golden Visa Program is one of the simplest and fastest ways for high-net-worth individuals to obtain a residency visa in Europe and eventually gain access to European citizenship. Family members of the investor (spouse, financially dependent children, and financially dependent parents) may also be included in the application and become European citizens.
The resident permit grants the foreign citizens the same treatment as nationals, particularly about social security, tax benefits, European Union membership (EU), recognition of diplomas, certificates, and other professional titles. It also grants access to goods and services available to the public, as well as the application of provisions that concede them exclusive rights.
For most intents and purposes, the resident permit put the foreign nationals (non-EU) on par with other citizens of Europe. One of the greatest benefits of this is that Golden Visa holders may apply for a permanent residence permit or acquire Portuguese nationality by naturalization in the 5th year if they fulfill certain requirements in accordance with the law.