Scroll Top

Every thing you need to know about EB-3

Every Thing You Need to Know about EB-3

An EB-3 visa is one category that can bring non-USA nationals to the USA and grant them permanent residency. For those who want to live and work in the USA permanently, it is important to understand the eligibility criteria and application process associated with this visa category.
Different Types of USA Visas
In the US, various types of visas are available to apply, each serving a different purpose. Here are a few examples:
  1. H-1B: The H-1B visa is a nonimmigrant work visa that allows American employers to hire foreign workers with specialized skills to work in the United States for a specific period. Typically, the position requires an undergraduate degree or equivalent. Occupations that qualify for the H-1B visa are in fields like technology, finance, engineering, architecture, or more.
  2. EB-5: The EB-5 (employment-based, 5th preference) investor visa grants permanent resident status to investors who satisfy the required criteria. The applicant’s spouse and unmarried children under 21 are eligible to apply.
  3. EB-2 and EB-3: These visas are for professionals, skilled workers, and unskilled workers seeking permanent residency in the US.
  4. F: This visa category is for academic students studying in the US, allowing them to stay during their studies.
Understanding the EB-3 Visa
The EB-3 visa is a third-preference employment-based green card for skilled, professional, and unprofessional workers. EB-3 visa requirements are less stringent than the EB-1 and EB-2 categories; As a result, the processing time is a little longer. The US government will conduct a labor certification process to ensure that the employer is unable to hire an American worker to fill the position. To be eligible for the EB-3 visa, an applicant must have a job offer from a US employer and meet certain criteria, such as holding an undergraduate degree or equivalent and possessing two years of work experience or training. In some cases, the requirement of two years of experience can be waived or reduced. Unskilled Workers: Unskilled workers without specific qualifications or two years of professional experience can apply through the EB-3 program. This sub-category has become very popular among non-US nationals. Skilled Workers: To qualify as a skilled worker, you must demonstrate either two years of training or experience in the relevant field. Professionals: The professional category of the EB-3 visa is reserved for individuals who possess a higher education degree or its equivalent, typically required for similar positions by US workers.
Applying for the EB-3 Visa
To initiate the application process for any of the three types of EB-3 visas, the US employer interested in hiring the foreign worker must submit a petition to the US government. First, the employer must complete a labor certification form, stating their inability to find a qualified US worker for the position. Additionally, the employer needs to demonstrate financial stability, ensure that the offered salary matches the prevailing wages for American employees, and fulfill various other requirements. Simultaneously, the foreign worker must complete a form, which can often be done online, to initiate their job application. The process involves submitting several civil documents, undergoing a medical examination, and providing proof of vaccination. Some essential documents required for the application include
  • Valid passport (with a validity of more than six months)
  • US-approved labor certification
  • Job offer
  • Two passport-sized photos
  • Criminal and court records
If all the required documents and preliminary requests meet the requirements, the final evaluation involves an interview. It’s worth noting that the interview can be conducted at the US Embassy in the applicant’s home country, making the process more convenient and cost-effective.
Move to the USA with your family.
When an EB-3 visa for permanent residency is approved, they can go to the US with their family members (spouse and dependent children) accompanied. Spouses and unmarried children under 21 can join the visa holder in the US. Spouses can apply for the E-34 visa if they are under the skilled worker classification, while children can apply for the E-35 visa. In cases where the spouse does not possess the qualifications of a skilled worker, they can still accompany the primary visa holder using the EW-4 visa, and their children will need to apply for an EW-5 visa.   If you have any further questions or require additional information, visit our website and fill out the application form. We are here to provide you with the support and guidance you need throughout the immigration process.

Read more from mercan GLOBAL NEWS


Receive important updates from Mercan Group. 

Stay on top of investment, immigration, and employment news!

Get in touch

If you require any further information, feel free to contact us.